List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: New Issue from qt-bugs Re: [Issue N228549] Qt glyph
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-09-25 13:43:39

On 25.09.08 15:08:57, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le jeudi 25 septembre 2008, Spiros Georgaras a écrit :
> > Hi again
> >
> > As   Germain Garand suggested I filled in a bug report at Trolltech,
> > regarding a "Greek polytonic (ancient greek) font encoding problem" -
> > http://lists.kde.org/?l=kfm-devel&m=122222689332684&w=2
> >
> > I have just received this email and I really do not know what I am supposed
> > to do now... Can anyone help (maybe Germain)?
>
> Hi Spiros,
>
> well I'm afraid that's it. Your bug report is now waiting in a purgatory of
> sorts familarly referred to as "the black hole".
>
> We don't know about what happen exactly in there as Trolltech's bug system is
> not open.
>
> From past experience, you will receive a message from a support engineer
> anywhere between two days and two monthes (e.g. my last auto-reply is from
> 16/09, still running).
>
> Ordinarily, the support engineer will try to convince you that your bug is in
> fact not a bug... don't let him bully you - show him evidences!
>
> If you successfully pass this step, you will receive a task tracker number,
> whith which you'll be able to check from time to time if your issue as been
> solved or is still pending.

I wonder what the purpose of such a mail is on a public mailinglist of the
KDE project? Regardless of your past experience, wether what you say holds
for everybody else too, this stuff belongs into a private mail to Spiro,
not on a public mailinglist IMHO. This doesn't help at all to improve the
situation with Qt's bugtracking.

Andreas

--
There will be big changes for you but you will be happy.