List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Making path completion case insensitive
From:       Rafael =?utf-8?q?Fern=C3=A1ndez_L=C3=B3pez?= <ereslibre () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-09-12 2:40:18

Hi,

> I'm new to KDE development and I want to add case insensitive path
> completion to KDE as a whole, I started with dolphin for now and I'll look
> into other components later.

The ideal thing is to work on this at a libraries level. This way all
applications get benefit from this as a whole and you don't need to hack
component per component.

Our code for completion stuff is on kdelibs/kdeui/util/kcompletion[base]. You
also will have a look at how KLineEdit and KComboBox implements it.

I have to say that I don't see very well the point of a non-sensitive case
completion, but well...

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.