Hi, Just in case you didn't receive my message on irc, I'm pasting it here: Some suggestions: 1. center aligning the heading while left aligning the logo feels unbalanced. put the logo under/over the heading. 2. the gloss on the map is only in the center -- unnatural. it should span the whole width (not with tiling, of course). 3. the gloss fades upwards, which implies the lightsource is beneath the viewer's altitude. but the user is sitting on a chair, so that's not really a good assumption. make it fade downwards. 4. The border of the map is high-saturated dark blue, which looks really 1995 on a similarly blue background. Try something low-saturated or grayscale, like translucent black or lightgrey (have a look at the current plasma applets for a good starting point). 5. The map is too plain, add a subtle pattern there -- maybe fading scanlines for the foreground. 6. the "conquer your desktop" feels too disconnected from the "Konqueror" - try without the rounded background, instead separating it with something line-ish 7. move the big wave thing down a bit 8. the map is restricted to the center too. you could scale it up a lot, then crop it to fit the box. Will leave out greenland and australia but oh well :) Cheers, Stefan.