On Friday 06 July 2007, Kimberly Lazarski wrote: > > there are such things as "design decisions". the question here is: what > > is the benefit of tabs in a file manager? what is the use case target for > > dolpin? do the two answers there overlap? > > IMHO, tabbed file management is amazingly powerful. I use konqueror as a > file manager primarily, and only very rarely as a web browser. I'd like > the left tree to be improved so that it can display hidden directories, > and to optionally switch focus in the tree when I switch tabs, but aside > from those nits I think that konqueror is as close as anything comes to > being the perfect file manager. I can have multiple directories open in > multiple tabs, and if I am doing something which requires side-by-side > viewing of directories, I can split the view. I can open a shell prompt > right in that directory and run scripts on the current working > directory. We get that you like Konq. Which is good! But you've yet to answer Aaron's one simple question. 1. What is the use case for tabs in a file manager? Answer that and we can look at the rest of the questions. Adam