List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Swfdec/Konqi integration
From:       "koos vriezen" <koos.vriezen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-06-17 20:50:06

2007/5/27, koos vriezen <koos.vriezen@gmail.com>:

> > > Do you have a volunteer in mind?
> >
> > If nobody has an alternative solution, I'm willing to implement this.

I've made a setup that for now is in the kmplayer extragear kde3
branch, so users wont be surprised the plugin doesn't work on youtube
:-) Anyhow it's a nice standin for nsplugin for the kde3 cycle for
flash.
(haven't followed development in trunk, so maybe it's too late already)

Anyhow, streams are directly streamed to the knpplayer process. Of
course not optimal, but first saving to file is even less I think ..
Added some basic npruntime stuff that Adobe seem to ask for.

Source code is at http://kmplayer.kde.org/pkgs/kmplayer-0.10.0-pre1.tar.bz2

Build requires dbus-1-qt/gtk as well as nspr development package.

Works pretty well with the Adobe beta release. To use it, run the
kmplayer application once to get a config file. Then edit
~/.kde/share/config/kmplayerrc and add

[application/x-shockwave-flash]
player=npp
plugin=/home/koos/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

(I've used a chroot'ed setup for this. only compile npplayer.c in there)

Now configure konqueror's file assoc. to use 'Embedded MPlayer for
KDE', as default for this mime type.
And that should be it.

The swfdec from debian/unstable (which needs hacking on the package to
get it installed) worked originally but filled my RAM quite soon.
Upgrading to 0.4.5 has this problem that the window wherein it's embed
resizes by the plugin loading of konqueror. Actually the initial
parent isn't visible first.
Calling SetWindow multiple times seem to help, but I wonder why is
chosen for the hard 'gdk_window_foreign_new' way and not for the
'gtk_plug_new' way.
Btw. the times the swfdec worked, it worked pretty well. I really like
that it first starts in paused state. It actually never crashed on me,
though refused to play some videos on youtube. I think the 0.4.3
doesn't work anymore, last time I downgraded, I got fatal BadMatch
errors.

Koos