Am Samstag, 9. Juni 2007 schrieb Maksim Orlovich: > 2. Change how we  initialize from the defaultValue --- instead of doing it > in the renderer's close (which is what causes the disappearing text bug), > we update value to defaultValue when the children change. That also makes > innerText work sensibly on textareas. > > Now, a good question is, do other browsers behave like that, e.g. > change .value when children change? Well, I tested Mozilla, Opera, IE6, and > looked at the code of Safari. All of them do something totally different. > IE6 and Mozilla's behavior at all pretty weird. Opera's makes sense, but > basic IE compatibility is a weird hack in innerText. I actually adopted > what Safari does, because it's simple and as far as I can see should be > compatible with IE in the less obscure of the cases... > > Comments? Patch looks sane, but I can't test for now. Well, KDE 3.5.8 isn't released tomorrow :-) mfg Leo