On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:31 PM, Thiago Macieira wrote: Ru > Fredrik Johansson wrote: >> I thought there must be something quite wrong somewere, so I >> started to >> watch the IO traffic through eth0 using wireshark. And the result was >> very different on the DNS requests, the HTTP was about the same. >> >> konqueror: 656 DNS packets 479 HTTP packets >> Firefox: 42 DNS packets 442 HTTP packets >> >> ... > > Don't post a bug ticket about DNS problems there because I won't do > anything about it. It's not a bug. DNS servers are supposed to reply > fast. How is requiring 15x as much data to do the same thing not a bug? Both apps running in the same environment implies that this has nothing to with the DNS server performance--the konqueror client must be issuing far more DNS requests than the Firefox client. --Ken Woodruff proposta@nwlink.com