On Mon Nov 6 2006, Schwartzkopff,Dirk HG-Dir itb-sy wrote: > Hi list, > I am not subscribed to the list. Please add my email as cc in an answer. Thanks. > I found the following text about the ftp kio slave: > Up- or downloads can be forced to use ASCII mode when the metadata key "textmode" is > defined at login time. > I've no idea what I should do to use ftp text mode. How exactly can I switch to text mode? Write a ~/.kde/share/config/kio_ftprc, with [hostname] textmode=true Or use [] instead of [hostname] to make it used everywhere. But this will likely mess up any transfers of binary files... -- David Faure, faure@kde.org, sponsored by Trolltech to work on KDE, Konqueror (http://www.konqueror.org), and KOffice (http://www.koffice.org).