On Sunday 05 March 2006 21:16, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote: [...] > > - the KDOM tree nodes must be extensible (they should be able to hold > > extra information) > > That will definately be possible, just like the NodeImpl contains pointers > to the RenderObject, we can also supply nodes with "UserData". I don't think DOMUserData will work for that. It's a feature exposed to ECMAScript applications meaning that if a script is loaded which exercises that particular feature of DOM 3 Core, Quanta blows up. Quanta isn't a DOM application, it is a DOM "environment", as I see it. There have been 3-4 threads on quanta-devel about KDOM integration. From my understanding, Quanta wants to sub-class the tree and add data and function members. That is, to exercise a classic object oriented approach. Cheers, Frans