List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    dcop question
From:       Dave Feustel <dfeustel () verizon ! net>
Date:       2005-08-18 22:01:31

I just started using the dcop command.
I found no dcop list so I'm posting my dcop
question to this list because the question
involves konqueror.

The dcop command returns a list of running
kde applications which have dcop interfaces.

What I have discovered is that dcop will return
ids of instances of konqueror even after I have
closed all of my konqueror windows. Dcop will
often return ids of more instances of konsole than
I have konsole windows running. What is the
reason for the extra instances?

I also see references to kio-uiserver and kioexec.
What do these two kde programs do?

Thanks,
Dave Feustel