List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: [patch] konqi using searchline
From:       Datschge <datschge () gmx ! de>
Date:       2004-12-12 13:54:22

On Sunday 12 December 2004 08:34, Martin Koller wrote:
> You can search for text in any column already.

Great. =)

> I think the toolbar is not the best place for it, as it holds a
> filter per view.

Well, that's also the case with the location field and really
everything view specific in the toolbar. So far everything was still
put into that one place (the toolbar) and just changed/updated upon
which view has the focus. Your approach putting it into each single
view goes against this widespread approach. If for better or worse I
don't know, it just isn't consistent. ;)

Cheers, Datschge