List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem with background-color on html/body
From:       Leo Savernik <l.savernik () aon ! at>
Date:       2004-11-26 16:48:18

Am Freitag, 26. November 2004 16:10 schrieb Stephan Kulow:
> What makes me wonder about all this is that most likely only a very tiny
> portion of all people will use dark color schemes and those that do might
> still consider being able to view all pages of higher value than respecting
> the color scheme 100%.
>
> So I'm wondering if it would be a feasonable approach to add an option
> to follow system colors, default to true and auto-disable it when a color
> scheme is choosen that either has a too light foreground or too dark
> background.
>
> Or I just lack an ellegant way to fix this ;(

Why not simply default to the unfortunate precendent black on white that every
incompetent web designer silently implies? This certainly neglects the
color-scheme, but this isn't the first time khtml caters for stupid web
sites. (And finally make it configurable like NN and Mozilla have done
forever.)