List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    KIO slaves wizard
From:       slaout <slaout () linux62 ! org>
Date:       2004-11-04 16:33:14

Hello all,

I've done some brainstomring on how to make KIO slaves better known AND
used!
Actually it seem to be a dark feature many users don't know the
existence.

A complete explanation with screenshots is available here:
http://slaout.linux62.org/kde-wishs/kio-wizard/

Basically, it could be very cool if a small "wizard" button could be
added to the address bar of Konqueror.
This button will popup a dialog who let the user choose a protocol
through a "descriptive and comprehensive" list, and some page(s) to
change *graphically* parameters that would be passed to the URL.
Completing the dialog would insert the generated URL in the address bar.
User could then learn it, re-show the dialog if they want to use them
but feel unconfident at typing the URL, or even learn the syntaxe of
some protocols and get ride of the wizard for future usages.

I think it would be a *killer feature* if included in KDE 3.4!
Simply because KIO slaves would then be *new* for a lot of users.

PS: I'm not subscribed to the list, please CC me.
    Tehorically, I added my address to the "Reply to" field.

Sincerly,

Sébastien Laoût.