Am Thursday 04 November 2004 16:38 schrieb Mitz Pettel: > Hi, > > Thanks for making the test results available to me. I see there are > still many unnecessarily split runs (mostly when a line begins with a > neutral type, it seems). I'll try to eliminate the splits. > > Regarding the failures: > 1. text-transform.html is really puzzling. Why does it single out those > few characters? Aren't they all DirL? I'll look into it, but it's very > strange. From your remark about the selectors bug I gather that my > patch isn't the only difference you're testing. Could there have been a > change to Unicode data between versions? No. It's supposed to only show differences your patch makes. The test is pretty mean though. I wouldn't take this as regression. Just ignore it. > 2. sec09-10a.htm - the "OUT" looks exactly like Firefox and MSIE render > it, so I'd say it's a success, actually! The test case is pretty academical anyway :) > 3. sec09-10b.htm - the "OUT" looks more like Firefox renders it: [right > cl1] and [right cl3] are like Firefox. [right cl2] is broken both in > "BASE" and in "OUT" (it should look something like > g f e d c b a 31 21 11 01 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 [2lc thgir] > and indeed that's what it looks like in Firefox). If it was broken before, it's no regression. If you have a fix for cl2, even better. > 4. css3-modsel-d4.html - the selectors bug. Yes. > > Regarding the fixes: cool! What I don't get is why they're flagged as > RESOLVED/FIXED in the bug database if they weren't really fixed. Because the bug was about something else. We can't leave all bugs open that aren't rendered perfectly. Usually we open a new bug report with a more specific description + test case. If you improve the splits, this would be fine. Otherwise I'll just commit as it is unless someone objects. Greetings, Stephan