List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Announcement: An open source release of Linux/Gtk+ -version of
From:       Germain Garand <germain () ebooksfrance ! org>
Date:       2004-10-20 19:09:41

Le Mercredi 20 Octobre 2004 11:49, Petri Salmi a écrit :
> An open source release of Linux/Gtk+ port of WebCore/KHTML rendering
> engine and reference browser from Gtk+ WebCore -project.
>

> Gtk+ WebCore -project releases pre-alpha version of Linux/Gtk port of
> WebCore/KHTML rendering engine and a reference browser implementation.
> Released components include KJS javascript interpreter, KHTML rendering
> engine, Qt porting layer, WebKit API for embedding and a reference
> browser for demonstrating the functionality of the other components.

Hi,
this is excellent news!
We have been missing a good port of the WebCore engine ever since the first
public release...
This did mean for most khtml developpers a great difficulty to evaluate
changes between the two engines up to now- in one way or the other.

So obviously, this effort will significantly leverage the overall quality and
mindshare of all khtml-based engines. Thanks!

From your summary, I'd expect this work to soon find its way to a public CVS,
or is that too far fetched?

Greetings,
Germain