List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Intergrating mht file to konqueror
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-05 9:45:48

On Tuesday 05 October 2004 11:38, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Spiros Georgaras wrote:
> >My mhtProtocol::listDir function adds a UDSEntry for each of the files
> >contained in the mht file. Is this the right thing to do?
>
> I believe so. That's how all listDirs report their files.
>
> >What exactly is the function of mhtProtocol::stat? I mean what arguments
> > could it take and what should it return?
>
> Cf. man stat

This is about SlaveBase::stat, not about the system stat :)
See any other kioslave, or the ioslave howto on developer.kde.org

> It's checking the status of the file or directory to see if it exists.
That part is true, but the return value of an ioslave's stat is a UDSEntry.

> >3. I also want to ask if writing a kioslave is self contained. I mean does
> >konqueror need to have a corresponding part of code in order to know that
> > it should display ' mht:/d/292 Euro.mht/' as a directory listing, etc?
>
> No, Konqueror doesn't need any more code than it currently has.

That's unfortunately not true either, if you want konqueror to open an archive-like
file using an ioslave like it does for tar files. This currently needs a hack in konq_mainwindow.cc
but I plan on fixing that soon, now that Joseph has added some mimetype properties
which will allow to do this in a generic way (not sure why Joseph didn't proceed and
change konq_mainwindow as well at the same time, after we discussed the solution :)