List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    "Open as tab in Konqueror when URL is called externally" behaviour
From:       Jens Gjerdbakken <jens () superdupert ! org>
Date:       2004-07-01 5:55:29

I run KDE 3.2.3 on Debian Sid

I want Kopete, Kmail and Klipper, and other KDE apps to open URL's in a new
tab in my existing Konqueror session.

So I open "Configure Konqueror" and choose "Web Behavior" and "Advanced
Options" under "Tabbed Browsing". There I choose yes to "Open as tab in
existing Konqueror when URL is called externally".

 Perfect I thought. So far so good.

Now the behaviour I dont get.

Kopete, Kmail and Klipper only opens URL's in a new tab in my existing
Konqueror session, when the application I click is within the same workspace
as my Konqueror session. If I click on an URL in Kopete on workspace 1,
another Konqueror session starts on workspace 2 (where I already have my
Konqueror running, and I have told Konqueror to open via store window
settings). With Kopete and Konqueror on the same workspace everything is
fine.

 The same applies to Kmail and Klipper.

I thought it was irrelevant on which workspace the existing Konqueror ran, and
I hope this will be the case. Then I again I may have screwed up. :)

 Any thoughts on this?

Best regards Jens Gjerdbakken