Dnia pią 19. marca 2004 16:49, Arend van Beelen jr. napisał: > On Friday 19 March 2004 16:32, George Staikos wrote: > > I would love to see this patch in CVS when it's stable. Regarding > > this semantic problem, I think having a state that is entered or > > exitted to trigger typeahead is ideal. In fact, I like the vim > > approach, though emacs users will undoubtedly want their own > > keybinding. Basically I was thinking of something like this: > > > > Type '/' > > visual cue appears - perhaps a statusbar extension icon or even just a > > status message > > typeahead is active and overrides vim navigation keys, etc > > enter/escape exit this mode. > > I think this is indeed a good idea which will keep all current users > happy :) More Vim compability the better ;) > > > > - Pressing F3 won't find the next occurrence of the string you're > > > searching for. Now this is related to the functions findTextBegin() > > > and the old findTextNext() I use. Can someone explain how I use the > > > new API which (hopefully) gets the F3 key to work. (Btw, this problem > > > affects my Google search bar as well) > > > > You could bind "n" to do that when type-ahead mode is inactive. > > This one doesn't seem very logical to me. It would be much more intuitive > to use F3 just like the regular Search Next. Furthermore, using "n" has a > disadvantage where you need to exit type-ahead first, either by pressing > Escape or waiting 3 seconds. Being able to immediately press F3 just > makes more sense IMHO. 1. When introducing Vi(m) compability options do it right. 'n' _is_ a logical next look for those who knew convention. 2. Not sure if mixing regular search and type-ahead search histories is good thing. BTW. What about other KHTML-aware apps like kmail, knode, etc.? m. -- LaTeX + Vim = http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/ Learn Touch Typing with Vim? Oui. Ja. Yes. Tak: http://vim.sourceforge.net/script.php?script_id=461 vim.pl - http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/