List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Type-ahead find
From:       "Arend van Beelen jr." <arend () auton ! nl>
Date:       2004-03-19 17:18:23

On Friday 19 March 2004 16:32, George Staikos wrote:
> > - Currently, the patch will search all text. However, the type-ahead find
> > in Mozilla by default limits itself to links, which is a good idea I
> > think. I'm afraid some extension to the search functions would be needed
> > to support this. Any idea's?
>
>   Full text is more useful if you ask me.  Just don't search tags,
> attributes, scripts, and stylesheets. :-)
Okay, I've implemented finding links in the mean time. I managed to do this by
copying the findTextNext(const QString &str, bool forward, bool
caseSensitive, bool isRegExp) function and making a similar findLinkNext(...)
function. Now I would like to ask, would this solution be acceptable?
Primarily because the findTextNext() function has a comment that it should be
removed by KDE 4.

PS.: I'm on IRC as arendjr if you want to discuss it directly.

--
Arend van Beelen jr.
http://www.liacs.nl/~dvbeelen

Why wait for hell if you can grab it all today?
-- Xynobite