On Thursday 15 January 2004 12:03, kfm-devel-request@kde.org wrote: > From: "Carlos Leonhard Woelz" > Subject: Re: simpler UI for konqy > To: "KDE Usability Project" > Cc: kfm-devel@kde.org > Message-ID: <20040114185420.54B3B449B9@server1.messagingengine.com> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" .... > Ideal solution: Separation. > Use konqueror technology to create a lean specialized web browsing > application, and *keep* the konqueror web browsing profile with close > resemblance to the file manager profile. (As it is today). Solves (2 > a,b,c and d, 4a and don't incur in 4b, as it would be a different app in > the user perspective). Keep the konqueror web browsing profile as it is > today, with minimum differences from the file manager profile. Yes, this was actually what I suggested. Keep the current offers and add a simplified web-browsing profile. And maybe a specialized filemanager profile. And now with current cvs konqy we have the opportunity to play around with it and try to find a good solution :-) Maybe we have to code some lines, to increase the possibilities a kpart has to influence konqys UI (for 3.3). Bye Alex -- Work: alexander.neundorf@jenoptik.com - http://www.jenoptik-los.de Home: neundorf@kde.org - http://www.kde.org alex@neundorf.net - http://www.neundorf.net