On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 05:22:43PM -0500, Leon Bottou wrote: > On Saturday 06 December 2003 11:48 am, you wrote: > > instead of sending a ConfigureNotifyEvent (tried setting the x and y to > > zero too, like Leon suggests, but that didn't help - shouldn't this be > > fixed btw.), the dimensions are set correctly. > > This ConfigureNotifyEvent always seemed deeply suspicious to me. > On the other hand, what Koos says makes good sense. > When receiving a ConfigureRequest, we should configure > the window like a honest window manager. > > I do not know what is going on regarding the border width. > (I am flying away for one week on Monday). Instead of forcing > a border width of zero, we probably should leave it as it was. > Otherwise we might disturb the toolkit of the client application. Well, I found a way arround it (making the frame undecorated). However it's strange a withdrawn window still thinks it has borders. For a well embedded applet the Insets are 3,29,3,3 and the bouds are -3,-29,... This ConfigureRequest only comes for applets not embedded right, those that are okay don't request it. Anyway with undecorated frames, it works and borders are zero. > > Another thing is that calling XConfigureWindow blocks jvm > > for a second or two (XFlush didn't help). > > Strange. Maybe this forces a relayout of all the widgets ? Java is slow, but not _that_ slow :). Actually I was more thinking of jvm waiting for a ConfigureNotify after requesting for a ConfigureRequest, but I didn't try it (also kwin doesn't seem to do that, but I'm not sure) Koos