List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Disabling loader_jpeg
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-11-02 12:52:34

On Sunday 02 November 2003 13:42, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> do you have a testcase?

Any web site with large images will do, depending on your uplink and CPU.

If I open e.g. Stephan Binner's Nove Hrady photo album
(http://ktown.kde.org/~binner/NoveHrady2003/) and middle click a couple of
them my box is close to hanging. Worse, since Konq is only busy decoding the
jpeg data it hardly spends time on the KIO jobs, making the download speed
eventually end up at zero when loading over 5 images simultaneously.

My ADSL downstream is 768kbit, my CPU is a Celeron 450. With bigger iron it's
harder to trigger, but certainly not impossible.

--
Martijn