Hi! For quite some time now this is bugging me, the "Open with" menu is kind of broken. At least this is what it appears like, I suspect the real propblem lies some where deeper. The problem: To pick the worst example, my open with menu for postscript files shows 6 KGhostview entries! Most other apps show up only two or three times. Some only once as it should be, these seem to be mostly non KDE apps. First, in the KGhostview case there are two times three entries, this seems to be related to profilerc. If I delete it or "edit file type" i'm left with just tree entries. OTOH the 6 entries sometimes magically reappear. Also the "edit file type" dialog shows just three entries. Next, I'm left with tree entries per KDE app. I have those kghostview.desktop files: a) $KDEDIR/share/applnk/Graphics/kghostview.desktop b) $KDEDIR/share/applications/kghostview.desktop c) $KDEHOME/share/applnk/Graphics/kghostview.desktop Now, one entry seems to stem from c), another from a) and the last one I don't know. It even remains if I delete all three... Whats b) btw?? Is it a new way to store applnk files? If yes, shouldn't there be legacy support or automatic deletion of a) and c)? Another thing is that the entry order in the menu often isn't retained. What certainly plays a role in that problem, is that I rarely delete my $KDEDIR(as I hate recompiling all 3rd party KDE apps, which often needs a lot of manual tweaking) and actually never delete my $KDEHOME for apparent reasons. So both probably contain old neglected deposits from times long since gone. But I suppose this is the case for many users. So what am I supposed to do now? Delete a) c) and what ever for each KDE app? Should I delete my applnk dirs altogether? And even I do I'm still left with the magic duplication of the remaining entry. Greets Michael