List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    suggestion of konqueror
From:       "Bao, Xiliang" <Xiliang.Bao () ca ! com>
Date:       2003-06-03 21:11:47

Dear Sir:

I am Linux user. I have some suggestions about konqueror.
1. If possible, make an option to let konqueror become lightweight =
loaded. So users who use old machine can still have a fast file manager.
2. If possible, mounted partion showed as harddisk icon in konqueror.
For example, if the usr directory is mounted on /hda1, the /usr shows an =
harddist icon.
For the floopy disk, /mnt/flooy, it has two place show floopy disk icon. =
One is at first vertical line. Just like Windows file explore. The other =
is when user browser directory /mnt/, the directory shows as a floopy =
icon. Both point to /mnt/floopy.

This seems not important for advanced Linux/Unix users, but is very =
important to Windows users.

3. When someone or some processor is in the mount drive, user can not =
umount it. The system should provide enough information so that the user =
can either kill the process or change the directory.

Thank you very much for your great job in konqueror!

Steve Bao