List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqy hangs on custom profile (Was: Hide Location Bar)
From:       Lynelle Nundoo <lynellen () cat ! co ! za>
Date:       2003-02-18 14:30:09

Hi waldo,

I've tried your suggestion, and although it doesn't cause konqueror to
hang, it doesn't seem to remove the location bar either.  I've attached
the output that I get. Is there something that I'm, perhaps missing???

Thanks in advance,
Lynelle

Waldo Bastian wrote:

>On Thursday 13 February 2003 14:58, Lynelle Nundoo wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I'm opening a web page from my C++ code, but I need a way of hiding the
>>location bar when Konqueror loads?
>>Any suggestions???
>>

>I wanted to suggest: Create a konqueror profile and install that, and then
>start konqueror with "konqueror --profile your_profile".
>
>Unfortunately konqueror hangs itself when I try that :-}
>
>Konqy output + profile in question attached for the bold.
>
>Cheers,
>Waldo

Lynelle Nundoo
Development Engineer
Intervid Technologies(SA)
Tel   : +2731 5667830
Cell  :	+2782 705 6391
Fax   :	+2731 566 2994
E-mail:	lynellen@cat.co.za

["konqe_output" (text/plain)]

konqueror: main() -> createBrowserWindowFromProfile servicetype=
konqueror: void KonqMisc::createBrowserWindowFromProfile()
konqueror: path=/usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/konqueror/profiles/intervid,filename=intervid,url=
 kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( Browser/View, )
kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 18 offers
libkonq: KNewMenu::KNewMenu 0x80a1b80
libkonq: KBookmarkMenu::KBookmarkMenu 0x80d8700 address :
libkonq: KBookmarkManager::parse /root/.kde/share/kde/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::enableAllActions false
libkonq: ## loaded: 497 entries.
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for 0L
konqueror: KonqViewManager::clear
konqueror: KonqViewManager::setActivePart 0x0
kparts: 0x80a1500 emitting activePartChanged 0x0
konqueror: slotPartActivated 0x0
konqueror: New current view 0x0
konqueror: No part activated - returning
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for 0L
konqueror: KonqViewManager::loadViewProfile : loading RootItem View0
konqueror: begin loadItem: View0
konqueror: Item is View
konqueror: ServiceType: inode/directory
konqueror: Trying to create view for "inode/directory"
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( inode/directory,Application )
kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 8 offers
kio (KTrader): KServiceTypeProfile::offers( inode/directory,KParts/ReadOnlyPart )
kio (KTrader): No profile, using KServiceType::offers, result: 8 offers
konqueror: Found requested service konq_detailedlistview
konqueror: Trying to open lib for requested service konq_detailedlistview
konqueror: KonqViewManager::setupView passiveMode=false
konqueror: KonqFrameContainer [KonqFrameContainer pointer (0x823f100) to unnamed \
                widget, geometry=700x480+0+0]: insertChildFrame 0x823f274
konqueror: Setting as first child
konqueror: Creating KonqView
konqueror: KonqView::switchView
kparts: found Plugin : \
                /usr/X11R6/share/kde/apps/konqlistview/kpartplugins/kshellcmdplugin.rc \
                !
konqueror: KParts::Plugin
konqueror: Creating KonqDetailedListViewWidget
konqueror: +KonqBaseListViewWidget
konqueror: KonqFrame::attachInternal()
konqueror: KonqView created
konqueror: KonqViewManager::setupView done
konqueror: end loadItem: View0
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::enableAllActions true
konqueror: KonqViewManager::profileListDirty()
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::viewCountChanged
konqueror: KonqViewManager::setActivePart 0x8230400
kparts: 0x80a1500 emitting activePartChanged 0x8230400
konqueror: slotPartActivated 0x8230400 konqlistview
konqueror: New current view 0x824a000
kparts: MainWindow::createGUI for child view
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::setLocationBarURL: url =
kdecore (KProtocolManager): ERROR: Protocol  not found
konqueror: Container [KonqFrameContainer pointer (0x823f100) to unnamed widget, \
                geometry=700x480+0+0]
konqueror:   KonqFrame containing view 0x824a000 part 0x8230400 whose widget is a \
                KonqBaseListViewWidget
konqueror:   Null child
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::eventFilter 0x8225a00 QLineEdit combo edit
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::slotClipboardDataChanged()
konqueror: KonqMainWindow::eventFilter 0x8225a00 QLineEdit combo edit