List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KDirLister keeps mounted devices in use
From:       Michael Brade <brade () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-01-07 22:22:26

Hi,

>  try this: Put a floppy or CDROM device icon if you don't already have one
> (not the devices:// ones). Mount the device and start Konqy by executing
> it. Click on the Home toolbar icon in Konqy. Try to unmount the device by
> the icon popup menu option -> it will complain about the device being used,
> it though it is not (from the user's point of view).
Oh holy shit... yes, you're right, it's of course because of keeping a
reference in KDirWatch :-( The only solution I can think of is... remove that
preloading feature!

Well ok, seriously. I could make KDirLister not put things like floppy and
cdrom (wich is flawed anyways, who wants to watch a cdrom? :) in KDirWatch
once that dir is in itemsCached. I think it's worth the speed we loose,
right? ;) But, how to detect if an url is a floppy, cdrom, Zip or not? And
furthermore, I occasionally mount harddisks temporarily. I can't think of a
solution here... besides removing the "speedy caching" feature altogether :/

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience