List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    HTTPPostJob
From:       "Dawit A." <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-28 19:12:57

Hi,

The current KIO::http_post method is ill equipped to deal with uploading large
data or files.  To alleviate this problem I wanted to write a HTTPPostJob to
make it easier for app developers so they do not have to create a subclass of
TransferJob to workaround this issue.  Though the code is simple enough to
write, I am stuck on what interface HTTPPostJob should provide.  Any
suggestion ?  I know taking filename is probably sufficient for khtml's
purposes, but there might be other places where this is not.  So I need
suggestions.  A pointer to a QIODevice perhaps (maybe not) ?

class HTTPPostJob : public TransferJob
{
Q_OBJECT

public:
  HTTPPostJob (const KURL& url, int command, const QByteArray& packedArgs,
                     const QString& file, bool showProgressInfo);

  HTTPPostJob (const KURL& url, int command, const QByteArray& packedArgs,
                     int fd, bool showProgressInfo);

protected slots:
  virtual void slotDataReq();

private: