Hi, The current KIO::http_post method is ill equipped to deal with uploading large data or files. To alleviate this problem I wanted to write a HTTPPostJob to make it easier for app developers so they do not have to create a subclass of TransferJob to workaround this issue. Though the code is simple enough to write, I am stuck on what interface HTTPPostJob should provide. Any suggestion ? I know taking filename is probably sufficient for khtml's purposes, but there might be other places where this is not. So I need suggestions. A pointer to a QIODevice perhaps (maybe not) ? class HTTPPostJob : public TransferJob { Q_OBJECT public: HTTPPostJob (const KURL& url, int command, const QByteArray& packedArgs, const QString& file, bool showProgressInfo); HTTPPostJob (const KURL& url, int command, const QByteArray& packedArgs, int fd, bool showProgressInfo); protected slots: virtual void slotDataReq(); private: int fd; class HTTPPostPrivate* d; }; Regards, Dawit A.