List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Regarding Konqueror JavaScript memory leak (bug #44697)
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-11-22 16:39:01

On Don, 21 Nov 2002, Per Sigmond wrote:

> MBytes. Then when going to a simple web page the memory usage stays the same
> for some time (is this how is should be?). Then when hiding the window (or
> just being idle for some time) the memory usage drops to the initial level.
> Can anyone explain this, or should we have seen other behaviour from the
> browser?

Are you talking about X11 platform here ?

If you're working on embedded you definitely want to tune the image loader
to not load big images etc to avoid out of memory conditions.

if you're talking about X11 platform here I guess Qt is dropping the used
fonts from its cache, thats why you see a decrease in memory usage aftera
while.

--
Dirk (received 341 mails today)