On Sunday 28 July 2002 11:42, Doug Hanley wrote: > I don't get that over here, for me it works just as excpected. Maybe > its something else thats causing the problem. However, I do have a > build from about a week and a half a ago (except for konqueror which > is new). I'll look into it then :) > Great work, I think it looks really good personally! And I think > having it the same as KWin is a good idea too. One question, what > happens when the tab bar gets too wide, does it play well with those > little scroll arrow thingies? Well, it's repainted (the silly answer) and... looks like shit :) Here's=20 the problem, arrows are drawn internally by QTabBar, they're part of a=20 private pimpl_ idiom inside QTabBar and displayed inside a private=20 method, this all makes it pretty much impossible to change their=20 position. Which is why I'm drawing the button before them It wouldn't=20 be so bad if not the way arrow buttons are drawn inside QTabBar which=20 basically is simple repainting over already drawn tab - meaning the=20 button is also drawn over a tab. I could draw a background over the=20 part where the button is, but it would look very weird. I though that=20 not drawing the tab which is underneath the button and arrows would be=20 a reasonable solution but it's not, the tabbar looked very unfriendly=20 (the tabs looked as if they were cut off). I'm really not sure what=20 would be a good way to do this. Here's how it looks right now: http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/konq2.png I'd appreciate it, if some UI design people/artists would come up with a=20 reasonable solution. I see three (please keep in mind that in QTabBar=20 the arrow buttons will _always_ be at the end of the tabbar): 1) (the long way) write our own KTabBar (not inheriting from QTabBar),=20 and draw it in whatever way we like it, 2) not draw the last tab (looks horrible), 3) draw a background over the tabs and underneath the close button and=20 arrow buttons, 4) solution I haven't thought about. I looked at Mozilla - they don't have the arrow buttons, but just keep=20 scaling the tabs, and Galeon - (which has close button on every tab),=20 and I'm really not sure which way is the best. Any ideas? Zack Rusin =2D-=20 43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped