On Saturday 27 July 2002 21:57, David Faure wrote: > On Monday 22 July 2002 17:05, Doug Hanley wrote: > > On Friday 19 July 2002 12:45 pm, David Faure wrote: > > > A much smaller solution (less code changes) would have been to > > > add the newTab bool to the KonqOpenURLRequest struct. That's > > > exactly what it's there for: to easily add new "do this when > > > opening this URL" data, without having to change so much API. > > > Sorry that I didn't think of mentionning this earlier. I > > > understand if you don't want to rewrite this patch yet another > > > time (but in all theory it would be cleaner to have it in > > > KonqOpenURLRequest ;-) Do whichever way you prefer. > > > > Alright, that wasn't too hard. Well I know you're on vacation > > right now (hope you're enjoying it), so I guess I'll just say > > here's the patch, anyone have any objections? If not, I'll commit. > > Very cool patch. Much cleaner. Thanks a lot. Yeah, it's great but it still doesn't work with some mimetypes. To try=20 it go over to www.kernel.org and click on one of the changelogs, in=20 fact try to open any link containing a reference to a simple txt=20 document in a new tab. I just compiled kdelibs and kdebase and I get an=20 error box when I click on any link referencing anything else than a=20 html page, the error box says=20 "Could not create view for text/plain The diagnostics is:" Doug do you have time to look into it or do you want me to take the=20 honors? :) Oh, and as always on Saturday afternoon, I did something=20 completely useless and added a custom paintEvent to KonqTabBar to add a=20 custom widget to close the tabs since right clicking and picking a menu=20 item was a little cumbersome. For now it looks super corny, since I=20 only cared about getting the basic functionality there, so it's just a=20 plain button, without anything on it (probably it'd be a good idea to=20 draw there the same widget KWin draws for the close window button) and=20 looks like this: http://vortex.bd.psu.edu/~mus11/img/konq1.png Should I add this to 3.2 features list, or does anyone think that=20 there's a better/cleaner way of doing this (close button on every tab?=20 close button somewhere on the frame? something even weirder than the=20 last two?) Zack Rusin =2D-=20 It's Like This Even the samurai have teddy bears, and even the teddy bears get drunk.