Doug Hanley : > So you're saying only to do the tab code in the first slotCreateNewWind= ow The second one seems to be only called by khtmlpart when Shift-MMB clicki= ng an URL which atm means "open in new background window" and is known by few u= sers. I would love to leave it unchanged as escape when you have activated "Ope= n=20 links in new tab instead of in new window". This one could by changed to = a=20 combobox "Open in Window/Tab/Background Tab". Override for this is RMB me= nu. > I made some code that allowed for the switching of tabs, but unfortunat= ely I=20 > couldn't figure out how to catch keyboard events (e.g. Shift+Left/Right= ), so=20 > I couldn't finish it. I tried KAccel, but it didn't seem to work. Create KAction with proper shortcut, insert in correct collection and con= nect it to the slot. But Shift+Left/Right shortcuts seem not possible to assig= n. :(=20 > As for the query close dialog, I have that too, but it doesn't have the > "Don't show this in the future" check box. Is there an easy way to do = that? See KMessagebox, the dontAskAgainName parameters.=20 But there have to be a GUI in the control center to reenable it! > As for close buttons, that would definitely involve custom widget paint= ing,=20 > something which I have absolutely no experience with, so I probably won= 't be Neither do I. :-) Bye, Steve