List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Tab browsing causes UI merging problems
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-05-03 4:32:13

On April 27, 2002 21:25, Doug Hanley wrote:
> On Saturday 27 April 2002 07:50 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> > There is a bug in the Remove Tab entry of the context menu on the tab
> > handle in konqueror.  If that entry is used, it causes the UI merge to
> > happen again, so it duplicates the toolbar and menu entries.  This
> > happens every time too. once I had a massive toolbar because of this.
>
> I can't seem to figure out why that is happening.  Where exactly should I
> look to fix this problem?  What function calls affect these toolbar
> entries? Remove tab doesn't seem to do anything special that the other tab
> operations do.  And why is it that only the last 5 entries that are
> affected? That seems odd.

   The part UI is re-merging, not the konqueror UI.  This is the problem.  As
for the cause, I don't know, but I assume that it is just calling a function
which does the createGUI without realising.

> Oh yeah, and I'll have the new fix to tab icons out in a few days.  Along,
> with the new names for the action icons that Torsten is making.

  Sounds good!

> >1) Is it possible to make the tab-detaching code reparent the khtml widget
> > to the new frame instead of reload the page?  Or is that too difficult?
>
> It wasn't working well at all, so I decided to just use profiles instead.

  Ah so you tried already.  Right on top of things. :)   Exactly what didn't
work well?  Perhaps it's indicating a bug elsewhere...

> > 2) Did you update the context menu?  It doesn't seem to contain updated
> > actions.   We should at least have a Remove tab there, along with the
> > shortcut keys.
>
> I remember I tried putting Remove tab in the context menu, but it kept
> crashing for some reason for some reason that I cant quite remember right
> now.  I'll take a look at it later.

    Hm well if you send me your diff I can have a look and perhaps help debug
this.  I will be available for hacking after the Easter weekend.