List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Some konq problems...
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! its ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-04-03 6:15:14

>> 1. The URL webdav://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk (without a trailing
>> slash) causes konqueror to initiate both a get() request and a stat()
>> request at the same time. With a trailing slash only the stat() request is
>> initiated. This baffles me. Full debug output can be found here:
>> http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~meddie/patches/logs/
>
>hmm... I cannot duplicate this.  I do not see a get and stat.  At least not
> in the http io-slave.  This is what I get using today's cvs:

Thanks for having a look. I replaced my libkonq and konqueror directories and
the problem has disappeared... might have been something to do with the
konqtabs patch I applied a while back.

>> 2. Multiple authentication dialogs. For some reason, a single request for
>> a resource requiring a password can pop up 2 or 3 dialogs. An example URL
>> is webdav://webdav.silverstream.com/Director/WebDAVService/main/ (user
>> devcenter, pass rocks).  This is not confined to kio_http, so far I have
>> seen it on smb and ftp as well.
>
>It is not one request that does this.  It is multiple requests causing
> multiple dialogs to show up since all them need to be authenticated.  This
> is a known problem in the way auhtentication request is handled, i.e. each
> slave can query for authentication regardless of the fact that another one
> maybe pending for the same location.  It is on my TODO list for 3.1...

Sounds good. The specific problem I was seeing was due to the problem above I
guess though, as it has gone away too.

Thanks,

Hamish.