List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_http fix
From:       Dawit <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-30 17:09:07

On Saturday 30 March 2002 10:11, Matthias Welwarsky wrote:

> hi,
>
> I think I know what's happening:
>
> this happens if the server closes the connection behind the back of the
> ioslave. this can happen, of course, and there's code in httpOpen() to
> handle the case: the return value of the write() call is checked to see if
> sending worked, but it seems that this does not help!
>
> sendOk signals "OK" even when the socket was dead already. This is probably
> a bug in openssl. In that case, we should possibly disable keepalive
> connections when using SSL.

That is not the issue.  Look at the Content-Length and you can clearly see the
problem is that the POST data is not cached and hence never sent on the
re-POST attempt when the connection is abruptly closed by the remote machine.
Anyways, this has already been fixed and I will backported to the 3.0 tree.

> btw: write() returns ssize_t while sendOk is bool. This is a bug, as
> write() will return -1 in case of an error, which when assigned to a bool
> is "true". this is bogus.

Read the code carefully.

Regards,
Dawit A.