List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_http fix
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-28 3:18:46

On Wednesday 27 March 2002 05:59, Lars Knoll wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I had some trouble with internet banking on my bank. They were using http
> posts, and often the request didn't get through.
>
> After a while I found out that kio_http, was in certain cases loosing the
> post data, see the attached debug output.
>
> The patch attached is rather ugly but fixes the problem for me.
>
> Comments?

Hi Lars,

No need for the flag, we can simply check whether or not the buffer is NULL.
Infact it should not even for check the response code when sending POST data.
Thanks I will fix that.

However, I am mystified by the debug output.  From the debug statement you
posted it looks to me like the server is crapping right before it can respond
to the request put forth. That should definitely not happen unless the data
we send is for some reason corrupted (highly unlikely since your patch simply
makes kio_http repost the data) or the connection for some reason was broken.
Did you have a bad connection to the remote machine ?  I was just curious as
to what the cause could be :)  It is not at all evident from the debug
statement.

Regards,
Dawit A.