List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Showstopper: serious memleak ?
From:       Otto Bruggeman <bruggie () bruggie ! dnsalias ! org>
Date:       2002-03-23 5:31:50

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Otto Bruggeman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> today while browsing the site www.tweakers.net i'm experiencing a major
> memleak. For very news page that i open on this site i'm seeing an
> increase in memory consumption of about 700KB to 1.2MB. Currently my
> konqueror process is very large:
>
> USER       PID %CPU %MEM   VSZ  RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
> bruggie    930 10.5 32.3 131940 82440 ?      R    15:09  16:10 kdeinit:
> konqueror --silent
>
> I update kdelibs and the only change in khtml that i did not have is the
> bidi.cpp change from Lars.
>
> Specific links:
> http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/20990
> then go to http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/20991 increased mem like this:

[snip]

> So in this case it is even more: 1.5-1.7MB or so...
>
> This is of course latest cvs except for the bidi.cpp fix from Lars but the
> build was not clean (incremental) so i hope it is not some build bug that
> i encounter here. If you cant reproduce i'll do a full make clean and
> build everything from scratch.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Otto

I can confirm that it does this with a clean build of qt-copy (3.0.3)
kdelibs, kdebase and kdeaddons/konq-plugins as well. Sometimes it
leaks 4MB per page (went from www.tweakers.net to
www.tweakers.net/nieuws/21064). Stilborne on irc saw this as well with his
build from this morning, he tried debugging it and found one in a <div>
that he thought was leaking 400 kb but i forgot to save that line. So i
think this is a serious showstopper even though these pages may be the
only ones that trigger the bug in khtml/kjs/whatever. My html and
javascript knowledge is so bad that i cant debug this any further :(

Hope this can be resolved somehow before 3.0,

Otto