List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    khtml misrendering a very simple structure [with testcase]
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-03-18 16:56:29

Hi!
  For some time, about 1 month, khtml misrenders a very simple html code.
The testcase is at http://sinux.sinus.cz/~patrol/tea.html .
  As You can see, there are 5 small images, separated by <br>, all this
in a simple table.
  Now, khtml seems to ignore the <br> between second and third, third and
fourth... image, because there is no space between them. Also, for no
apparent reason, second to fifth image is shifted to the right.
  Very interesting aspect of this is that if the <a> tags around the
images are removed, the layout of images is repaired. Why this tag influences
layouting ?
  I wrote about it some time before, but I believed that the original page is
so simple that I did no testcase, which was probably the reason why nobody
paid any attention of it. So please, look at this now...
                                          With regards, Pavel Troller