List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Two konqueror crashes related to the sidebar
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-03-17 20:12:24

Hi!

> Did this also happen with older QT-copies , or only with recent ones ?

I'm sorry but I don't know. I found this problem when I extensively played
with sidebar together with testing deleting folders from the tree view. I was
already on 3.0.3 from qt-copy.
> I found a problem with valgrind, if I  compile the sidebar without debugging,
> but I don't know where it comes from. What can I do else, instead of a
> deleteLater() ?
>
> #0  0x082e0f29 in ?? ()
> #1  0x40ceae6a in QPushButton::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*) () from
> /opt/qt3/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
> #2  0x417245f5 in KMultiVertTabBarButton::qt_invoke(int, QUObject*)
> (this=0x826ffd8, _id=47, _o=0xbfffeb80)
>     at kmultiverttabbar.moc:166
>
> Shouldn't there be my function somwhere in the backtrace, which deletes the
> button ?
  I don't know if it's important but I tried to debug this a little. I put a
breakpoint just to #2. After pressing the button, it was immediately triggered.
I then continued execution. After that, the popup menu appeared, and after
trying to uncheck "show extra buttons" it crashed. I'm curious why there is
such a short backtrace, because I think it had to call many methods (to draw
a menu, to select its item...) and there are no traces of them. I don't
believe they all had returned, because in the crash time the menu was still
displayed. I hadn't enough courage to recompile Qt with debugging and dive into
stepping its code...

                                           With regards, Pavel Troller