List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: help:/ url's (was Re: Untranslated (and questionable) Strings in ktips)
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-03-17 12:13:10

On Воскресенье 17 Март 2002 12:13, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Sunday 17 March 2002 09.37, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> > Nachricht vom Samstag, 16. März 2002:
> > >
> > > Used to work as announced, now you need to specifiy a trailing slash
> > > too, like "help:/kdeprint/" (shall I commmit a correction?)
> >
> > I'd say, either remove it or correct it. No use to have a wrong tip in
> > there.
> >
> > But help:/kdeprint/ does not work for me either (CVS of last weekend). It
> > just brings up a general Helpcenter page, nothing specific for kdeprint.
>
> It (help:/kdeprint/ ) is working for me right now, CVS as of yesterday
> afternoon.  Could some other people with current checkouts please test
> this?
>
> help:/kdeprint still doesn't work (it certainly used to, and I believe it
> may be referenced in other documentation.  Is there any chance it can be
> made to work again?)

It seems, the bug isn't in the slave. E.g. kwrite help:/kdeprint gives the
exact HTML page. But konqueror/khelpcenter behave differently ;(

This is the debug output from the slave. It calls redirect/finished and then
on the second get it reads the correct file and calls finished after that.

If someone has an idea, let me know.

Greetings, Stephan

kdeinit: Got EXEC_NEW 'kio_help' from launcher.
kio_help: get: path=/kdeprint query=
kio_help: redirect to help:/kdeprint/index.html
kio_help: finished
kio_help: get: path=/kdeprint/index.html query=
kio_help: look for cache for
/space/build/coolo/KDE/share/doc/HTML/en//kdeprint/index.docbook
kio_help: lookForCache
/space/build/coolo/KDE/share/doc/HTML/en//kdeprint/index.docbook
kio_help: verifyCache
/space/build/coolo/KDE/share/doc/HTML/en//kdeprint/index.docbook
/space/build/coolo/KDE/share/doc/HTML/en//kdeprint/index.cache.bz2
kio_help: create filter
kio_help: reading
kio_bzip2: bzDecompress returned 4
kio_bzip2: KBzip2Filter::uncompress 1