List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Newbie question
From:       David Faure <david () mandrakesoft ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 16:01:27

On Thursday 28 February 2002 16:43, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am new to this list and am wanting to use the kfmclient with my
> qvwm window manager for a special project that I am working on.
>
> I can start up the "kfmclient openProfile filemanagement" but I have
> 2 problems:
>
> 1.) I cannot seem to locate any documentation on the commandline
> parameters for the "kfmclient ......"

kfmclient --commands
or
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/kfmclient.html

> 2.) I would like to start up the kfmclient such that it only shows
> the user file ICON window that I saw on the left side

Not sure what you really mean, but simply alter the profile (e.g. saving it) to make
it show what you want

> and also so
> that it does NOT create the ~/.kde/ directory in the users space.
>
> I ant to have an external global directory for the .kde only if it is
> required.

Try export KDEHOME=$KDEDIR (or /usr or whereever you installed KDE),
but this requires that directory to be writable. If that's not the case, I don't
even dare imagine what happens ;)
What's wrong with ~/.kde anyway ? ;)

http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~david/, http://www.konqueror.org/