List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: problem with web shortcuts (regression against KDE2)
From:       Andreas Hochsteger <e9625392 () student ! tuwien ! ac ! at>
Date:       2002-02-27 19:11:57

Hi!

On Monday, 25. February 2002 23:45, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On Monday 25 February 2002 15:28, David Faure wrote:
> > > when you type a shortcut like gg:"daniel naber" this will lead to the
> > > ill-formed query "daniel%20naber" on Google, i.e. the space is escaped
> > > although it shouldn't. Without quotes, it works okay.
> > >
> > > This worked with KDE 2.2. I'd try to fix it if someone tells me where
> > > I can find the relevant code.
> >
> > kdebase/kcontrol/ebrowsing/plugins/ikws/kuriikwsfiltereng.cpp
> > KURISearchFilterEngine::searchQuery I think
>
> Thanks, here's a patch. Is this okay? It fixes the problem, but I only use
> very basic features of the internet keywords (i.e. only gg:), so someone
> should check this.

I don't have kde3 available so I can't test it, but I don't see anything
problematic here.
Could you please test the more advanced searches like ggx: and tel:?

Here are some examples:
ggx:num=20 kde linux
tel:name=Bauer plz=1220

If the result seems ok then I think it should be committed.

--
Bye,
	Andreas