List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Margins and Stylesheets in khtml
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <haeckel () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-02-26 17:03:16

On Tuesday 26 February 2002 17:20:17, Martijn Klingens wrote:

> This way the margin can be set to 0px unconditionally in a web site that
> doesn't have a print media specific rule. But it will still print correctly
> because in this case KHTML hardcodes the margin to the minimal value that
> is still technically possible.
>
> Likewise, a margin of 3 cm would be truly 3 cm, because that is more than
> the printer's minimum.

I am still of the opinion that the correct solution is using the @page rule
khtml however currently not really supports as mentioned at the start of the
thread. That is where printing margins belong to. They don't really belong
into a CSS rule for the body tag as far as I understand CSS2.

I however still don't fully understand, what Dirk actually wants. Shall CSS
rules without media specification not override rules with a media
specification? I at least can't find such a thing in the CSS2 specification.

Regards,
Michael Häckel