List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Problems with inverted widget colors
From:       Michael Reiher <michael.reiher () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-02-15 14:19:30

Hi!

Recently I switched my widget colors from the standard black on grey to a light
grey on dark blue. Since then I found many pages which became unreadable as the
all do the same thing: They explicitly set a background color(usually to white
or some other light color) but not the font color. They obviously assume the
default font to be black( or at least dark). So what I get is light grey fonts
on white background... One example are the pages generated by the info:
iosalve.

I remembered that I can set a CSS to modify the colors. But this a bit too
aggressive in what it does. And, probably due to their actualy purpuse, they
override colors instead setting a default.
This all makes most pages look very ugly, and thus is no solution for me.

The question is now is it some how possible to set a default font/background
color which is taken _only_ if nothing is explicitly specified? I couldn't find
a config option. Is it somehow possible via a CSS maybe? If yes it might make
sence to include such a stylesheet in the distribution.
(Note: my HTML/CSS knowledge range from very basic to not existent;)

Further, not rreally elated to my actual problem, but the CSS stuff seems
somewhat broken to me:
I've choosen 'Use accessibility stylesheet defined in "Cusomize" tab', and
there simply Colors->black on white.

Here obviously the image is missing:
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/css_konqabout.png

Form elements seem to get colored with the background color but use the usual
button font color(grey in my case):
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/css_heise.png

Here I guess we can't do anything about it as the fonts seem to be a
transparent background, but anyway:
http://www.inf.tu-dresden.de/~mr23/css_spiegel.png

Greets

Michael