List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO/KHTML Error Handling Update
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-29 19:31:14

On Tuesday 29 January 2002 12:58 am, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> >> I suggest adding ERR_SERVER_UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL to indicate the latter
> >> (the webdav ioslave will activate this one).
> >
> >I think it might be better to add something like ERR_CUSTOM which would
> > allow the slave to specify the whole message itself.
>
> I think that's the point of ERR_SLAVE_DEFINED, so the question then becomes
> whether we should have a specific error code for "protocol error" or
> whether it's such a rare event that it is not useful.

After looking at the current defined messages I think we already have too much
specific error codes that would have been better served with e.g.
ERR_SLAVE_DEFINED. I don't want remove existing error codes but I don't think
we should add more error codes unless that kind of error is either common for
many slaves or it is needed for the automatic handling of such a response.
(Eg. like the ERR_UNSUPPORTED_ACTION which makes that a job will try do what
it wants to do in an alternative way)

> >> ERR_COULD_NOT_LISTEN and ERR_COULD_NOT_BIND?
> >
> >Appearantly used when calls to listen() or bind() fail.
>
> Do any slaves listen() ?

Maybe (active) ftp, with ftp the server makes a data-connection to the slave
instead of the other way around.

Cheers,
Waldo
--