List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO/KHTML Error Handling Update
From:       Hamish Rodda <meddie () yoyo ! cc ! monash ! edu ! au>
Date:       2002-01-27 15:01:08

> Much more efficient to keep the KURL::List returned by split and iterate
> over it.

ok

>More important remark: why use error:// in the sub URL ? My idea was that it

ok... subconsciously I was thinking about keeping it secure, but I guess an
outsider can append an error sub-url on the end anyway.

>* the konq_run patch is missing, right ? ;)

I had committed that too, commented out, but here it is again (will switch the
URL order...):

void KonqRun::handleError( KIO::Job *job )
{
+    KURL subURL = QString("error:///?error=%1&errText=%2")
+                        .arg( job->error() ).arg( job->errorString() );
+
+    QStringList stringL;
+    stringL << m_strURL.url() << subURL.url();
+
+    m_strURL = KURL::join( stringL );

    m_job = 0;
    foundMimeType( "text/html" );
}

Also, before this is committed, any insight on why this (from the khtml_part)
doesn't revert the location bar to the correct (non-error) url?

emit d->m_extension->setLocationBarURL( d->m_workingURL.prettyURL() );

>> BTW if they are compatible, why can't ioslaves from old builds be run?
>> I have a few stale ioslaves (fish for example) that doesn't work.
>
>Compatible with KDE-2 ioslaves linked to KDE-2 libs, not compatible with
>previous kde-3-cvs ones (BIC changes in kde3 kdelibs).

I see... so the idea is that if you have installed a third-party kioslave, the
packagemanager requires keeping kde2 libs around. Curious... the fish
protocol is from kde2, and I have kde2 installed still, shouldn't it work?

>> "Access was denied while trying to {copy, move, delete} the resource". It
>> would be nice to have for about 25% or more of the strings I added.
>
>Hmm, right. Not an easy problem. That's actually more related to the basic
>command (CMD_*) than to the job class
> Sounds more like the "current type of operation" than the actual "job type
> (constant)".

yep, I'll investigate.

Hamish