List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: Konqueror secruity flow?
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-01-04 2:37:53

On Sunday 30 December 2001 19:14, Andreas Pour wrote:

> Maybe true, but the kde.org website is largely to blame, don't you
> think?  For example, the 2.2.1 and 2.2 release webpages
> (http://www.kde.org/info/2.2.1.html and
> http://www.kde.org/info/2.2.html), under the heading "Security Issues",
> say "none".  Also, the Konqueror site does not recommend users to
> upgrade to the newer Konqueror, or note the security problem in the
> earlier version.  Could someone please update those pages?

   I would keep these pages up to date for my portion but developers don't
have access anymore (or at least last I checked) due to the ACL.

   It would also be nice if we could list known bugs and security holes
somewhere.  Right now I just list them in READMEs in the source directory.
These latest reports were known since pre-2.0 time.   I think we should also
be listing formal release notes.  I had some very important security related
ones for  the 2.2.x releases and they never got out.

--

George Staikos