List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: khtml regression ?
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-12-30 16:27:50

On Son, 30 Dez 2001, Frank Dekervel wrote:

> oh nevermind, seems i should have used lowercase... i should have checked
> this before sending this mail offcourse.. sorry.
>
> > 	DOM::Node body=_html->document()->getElementsByTagName("BODY").item(0);
>
> DOM::Node body=_html->document()->getElementsByTagName("body").item(0);
> works ...
>
> btw, why is body lowercase, while the other tags are still uppercase ?

It depends on the doctype now, as defined by the specs. can I have your
test.html pease ?

ouline:

- html documents with compatibility mode (broken doctype i.e.) will
  return uppercase tagnames and do case-insensitive comparisons.
- xhtml and xml documents will return _lowercase_ tagnames and
  do case _sensitive_ comparisons.

so if you want to do be compatible to all documents, you should use
lowercase variants and it should work fine in all cases.

It is quite likely that the code is still buggy as the changes are deep and
fundamental. Please report problems, they have to be fixed.

Dirk