List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    How to make custom KFM profiles
From:       Jerome Yuzyk <jerome () supernet ! ab ! ca>
Date:       2001-12-29 23:46:06

I would like to have a KFM profile like this:

    +-------+---------+----------+
    |  Tree | Details | Preview  |
    |  View |  View   |          |
    |      x|        x|         x|
    +-------+---------+----------+
    |     Terminal Emulator      |
    +----------------------------+

The 'x' is the link icon thing. How would I combine the 'File Management'
and 'File Preview' Layout Profiles to accomplish this? 'File Preview'
almost gets it right but it seems like the linkage between the three top
panes doesn't act right. Tree and Details update Preview. It's not
possible to drill down into a folder in Details - the subtree is shown in
Preview. Perhaps the problem is Tree is a Sidebar and not whatever kind
of panel Details and Preview are (it won't show .folders [like .kde], for
example).

Has anyone got Profiles they could share, or pointers to where I can find
out how to fiddle these things? The HelpCenter is a bit terse for me.

[RH7.2, KDE2.2.2, QT2.3.2, X4.10]