List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: kdelibs/khtml/rendering
From:       Dirk Mueller <dmuell () gmx ! net>
Date:       2001-12-28 17:10:49

On Fre, 28 Dez 2001, Peter Kelly wrote:

> Changed RenderWidget so that the widgets are drawn as part of the normal
> rendering process, instead of directly by qt, and pass on events ourselves
> from the DOM event dispatching routines. This means

Are you sure that you can filter out the paint events in all cases ?

This solution was discussed already before, and afaik the consensus was that
it is not possible to trick the X server, it will send repaint events which
we can not control (think about embedded windows from applets).

Also I'm unsure if drawing to pixmaps is going to be fast for framesets.

Dirk